Cupcake armcandy?

by Forager on March 6, 2009

Have you been to Cupcake on Pitt yet? I know fancy boutique cupcake places have been sprouting up all around Sydney like rampant wild mushrooms after heavy rain, but how many have such cute carry boxes? As much as I like BabyCakes, their boxes are positively drab compared to these ones. Check out Cupcake on Pitt’s 2 cupcake carry box – perfectly proportioned and irresistably cute! It’s the ultimate statement bag. Doesn’t it make you want to skip down the street, swinging the box whilst singing sunshine, lollipops and rainbows? Or is that only me?

Incidentally, the cupcakes taste pretty good too. The ones pictured here are rasberry and lemon meringue – both delicious and the meringue is particularly creamy – but they have plenty of other flavours too. Oh – and they’re a tiny $2 each!

Address:
Shop 2, 323-327 Pitt St, Sydney (02) 9264 4644
Open Mon – Fri 8am – 6pm; Saturday 10am – 4pm.
Branches also in Parramatta and Bondi Beach.

1 Simon March 6, 2009 at 10:57 pm

I’m not a cupcake kind of person but $2 each sounds like a steal for how they look.

Nice shot of the “window” display :)

2 FFichiban March 8, 2009 at 1:18 am

OH cupcakes on pitt are only $2 each now? I remember when they were much much much bigger and worth getting but the ones now are too small and over priced.

Haha I was planning a cupcake run of all the places in the city one day… I can think of 4 places right now

3 Arwen from Hoglet K March 8, 2009 at 7:53 am

It is the ultimate statement bag. They’d make a cute present too – no need for wrapping.

4 Forager March 8, 2009 at 10:00 pm

Hey Simon – $2 is amazing value isn’t it. Justifies buying a few every single day!

Hey FFichiban – I’m confused.. You think it’s over-priced at $2? Where are you getting your cupcakes then? (and don’t say you bake your own!) Anyway – looking forward to your cupcake challenge! :)

Hey Arwen – Absolutely great statement bags! I’ve given them as presents before with a little bow tied around the handle – so adorable! (And nothing works better for cheering up girlfriends).

5 SammyTee March 9, 2009 at 2:08 pm

These look like new flavours… Haven’t been to Cupcakes on Pitt for at least a year now, but I’m sure I would have remembered a meringue cupcake!

I’ve been a Babycakes follower since they opened their doors in Summer Hill, but a recent visit to the city store was disappointing. A serious lacking of hundreds and thousands on my favourite Madeira had me fighting back a few tears. Haven’t had a craving since.

Heard about this new place in Surry Hills – Sparkles? Know if that’s worth the trip?

6 Forager March 9, 2009 at 5:35 pm

Hey SammyTee – Poor thing! I can’t believe anyone would stand by and let you cry! How dare they!

I have been wanting to go to Sparkle for a while now. My friend Oggie says they do champagne and cupcakes – decadent! (And screams to me of seriously pink and princess-themed hens nights). We should do it! :)

7 Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella March 10, 2009 at 11:40 am

$2 each is so reasonable! They do look cute. I haven’t been back since the owner has changed. For $2 I probably should!