Eat & Travel
I live to eat and travel! My favourite passions!
The Co-pilot and I love to travel and together we’ve been lucky to have been to few special places around the world (some of which I’ve written posts about), including:
- Around Australia (of course)
- China (Guang Dong, Shanghai & Shenzen)
- Hong Kong
- Japan (Kyoto & Tokyo)
- New Zealand (Auckland, most of the South Island, Waiheke Island)
- Taiwan (Taipei)
- Thailand (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Pai, Krabi, Koh Tao)
- Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh, Mekong, Phu Quoc)
- Costa Rica (San Jose, Puerto Viejo, Arenal)
- Nicaragua (San Juan del Sur, Granada, Little Corn Island)
- Panama (Panama City, Bocas de Toro)
- Finland (Helsinki)
- Italy (Rome, Amalfi Coast, Napoli, Sicily)
- Argentina (Buenos Aires, Salta)
- Bolivia (Amazon, La Paz, Uyuni)
- Chile (San pedro de Atacama)
- Peru (Cusco, Lima, Machu Picchu)
But of course, there is always room to squeeze in yet more experiences!
I find it’s often too easy to default to an easy destination when planning holidays. Ours is Thailand – what’s not to love about cheap and delicious food and travel, lovely people, stunning island getaways and cheap massages and cocktails?
To ensure that we don’t default to a Thai island holiday option every year (although that’s not a bad option at all), I have a top 5 desired travel destinations list – these are the places I’d most like to get to in the near future and I remind myself about them every time we plan a holiday. The list has been updated over the years, but it currently stands at:
- New York
- Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
I often share this with friends and when our top 5 places match, we plot a holiday together!
So, what are your top 5 desired holiday destinations?
If you’d like to share, please leave a comment below!